Discover the enhanced EastWest Visa Platinum Card and the market’s first EastWest Pay App
An abundance of rewards and convenience await consumers as universal bank EastWest unveils two products which will highly complement one’s discerning lifestyle—the EastWest Pay App and the enhanced EastWest Visa Platinum Card.
Held at The Fifth at Rockwell, the exquisite gala was graced by Josephine Gotianun-Yap, President and CEO of Filinvest Development Corporation; EastWest Director and Former Philippine Ambassador to Singapore Joseph Del Mar Yap; Visa executives headed by Country Manager for Guam and the Philippines, Mr. Jeffrey Navarro; and EastWest Director Isabelle Gotianun Yap.
Simplicity and efficiency with the EastWest Pay App
A first in the Philippine market, the EastWest Pay App is a new mobile payment app which allows EastWest Visa cardholders to transact contactless at merchant point-of-sale (POS) terminals using their NFC-capable Android smartphone.
Aside from simply tapping to pay, the EastWest Pay App also lets you view your credit card account details, available balance, transaction history, and spend tracker in the convenience of your Android phone, as well as temporarily lock and unlock your card, a safety feature already available in the EastWest mobile app. It promises ease of use and also security, requiring a mobile phone verification upon registration and a 6-digit PIN or biometric access upon log-in.
The app is available to EastWest Visa Infinite, Platinum, Gold, and Classic cardholders and will open up to Mastercard, JCB credit cards, and Visa debit cards soon. Simply download it from the Google Play Store, register, and enroll as many EastWest Visa credit cards for consolidated convenience.
“It’s an honor to offer a first-in-market EastWest Pay App that can change the way Filipinos purchase. Cash was replaced by cards and now physical cards will be replaced by this tap-to-pay feature right at your fingertips,” said EastWest Senior Vice President and Cards Business Group Head, Aylwin Herminia P. Tamayo “And as a superior rebate card in the market, the EastWest Visa Platinum Card caters to those with a discerning eye for quality products and experiences as they can truly get great value from their credit card spending. With heightened convenience and an outpour of rewards, we are upgrading the entire ecosystem of Visa cardholders.”
“We are happy to collaborate with EastWest to provide an enhanced payment experience for Filipinos. In this digital era where technology is reshaping the way we live, work, and play, the financial industry must adapt and innovate to cater to the evolving needs of consumers,” added Jeff Navarro, Visa Country Manager for the Philippines and Guam. “As a world leader in digital payments, Visa is committed to helping accelerate the transition to an increasingly cashless society where digital payments are a convenient and enjoyable norm for all, and this collaboration with EastWest we hope will boost the nation’s efforts in increasing financial inclusion,” Jeff added.
Program host and eventologist Tim Yap and other prominent personalities Dong Ronquillo, Mikaela Lagdameo, Andreii King, Kelly Misa and Dra. Aivee Teo also took part in the milestone and helped present the exciting raffles for the guests. The night embodied top-notch taste and lifestyle with the delectable food by the renowned Chef Jessie and bossa nova entertainment by the talented singer, Sitti.
Great rewards with the EastWest Visa Platinum Card
The EastWest Visa Platinum Card is an elite lifestyle card which offers competitive cashbacks and rewards for domestic and international shopping, dining, travel, and utility transactions. Shopaholics, foodies, and globetrotters will delight in the generous cash rewards they will receive from establishments that they frequent.
Those who shop at department stores and e-commerce stores such as Shop.SM, Trunc.ph, ZALORA, Lazada, Shein and Shopee, or those who dine at restaurants or order online via GrabFood, foodpanda and Pick.A.Roo, will be entitled to a massive 8.88% rebate from their total bill. The 8.88% rebate also applies to travel expenses, from airline to lodging, to vehicle rental, and even to fuel and utilities! For everything else, they still get a 0.3% rebate which can add up to huge savings (capped at a total of Php1,250 per month).
On top of huge rebates, cardholders can expect many more exclusive benefits:
• A welcome gift of Php5,000 cashback upon reaching Php10,000 retail spend within two months from card activation date, for new cards acquired via digital channels such as EastWest website or EastWest Tech Assistant (ESTA) chatbot.
• Additional cashback for seasonal promos with selected merchants such as online double-digit sales or payday sales
• 50% off on dining offers, and access to private sale events and special airline seat sales
• Free travel accident and inconvenience insurance coverage for the cardholder and the family of up to Php20M if the tickets are purchased using the EastWest Visa Platinum credit card
• 1.7% low foreign currency conversion fee when traveling overseas
• 24-hour customer service priority queuing
• A year-round program of premium privileges from luxury getaways to culinary adventures, retail finds, and family entertainment pursuits
• A concierge service for worldwide hotel and restaurant reservations, flower and gift deliveries, special events, car and limousine rentals, salon bookings, and couriers
• A waived annual membership fee (AMF) upon reaching an accumulated spend of Php1.5M within 12 months from card anniversary date